In university I had to fight with some stupid bugs in the program I use for building electrical circuites. That was really annoying.
Wednesday I was out with my flatmate Evelyne and some of her friends. In many clubs there is a so called ladies night. You pay about 10€ and can drink as much as you can. Crazy somehow, as drinking is allowed indeed, but not being drunk. Unfortunately my Singaporean mobilephone was stolen in this evening, too. (Low crime != No crime!)
Thursday I had to be at university at 8:30, because there was a seminar, where my Prof wanted us students to got. Nobody told me that it was in another part of the university and not where we normally are. So I was there at 8:30 for nothing. (And as I lost my cell the evening before I couln't call anybody...)
Friday was a public holiday because of the so called "Hari Raya Haji". It's a moslem holiday where they celebrate that when Abraham wanted to kill his son, because Alah told him to do so, the son turned into a sheep and he killed only the sheep and not his son.
For lunch I was at the very famos Bavarian restaurant in Singapore "Brotzeit" with Nadine, a girl from Munich I met here. It's weird to be welcomed from Asian people with "Servus". But Paulaner sometimes tastes really good!
In the evening I went for eating the best dumplings in the whole city in a restaurant called "Din Tai Fung". A dumpling is a dough similar to noodle dough filled with different things like meat, vegetables... They are available in every food court ore hawkers center in Singapore in many different ways (fried, in the soop, steamed..). The dumplings I ate on friday where filled with soop. So when you bite on them, the soop runs. Really, really amazing!
After that I saw someting quite rare for Singapore: A street fight. Some drunken guys fighted with each other until one of them fell to the ground. The poor guy was bleeding nearly everywhere and a girl that stood next to him just shouted that everyone should go away. She didn't want anyone to call an ambulance. (Of course anybody called them anyhow, but that's what the fear from going to jail makes with civil courage...)
Yesterday I went to the Botanics Garden. A really nice park areal, where you can find small parts of primeval forests. In the evening I was at a trance club called "Stereolab". Not really my music, but for those who like it, it should be a great club. (I was on the guest list there *wooo*).
Today I finally managed it to go for sailing. The first time in my life sailing on a Cat. (It was no Hobie Cat, but quite similar, called "Dart".) After some minutes of being afraid, it was really amazing how the boat increases its velocity by just little wind. And of course I was also swimming in the sea again. I really like it :-)
![]() |
| Singapore - 3rd Week |

No comments:
Post a Comment