Monday, November 16, 2009

Does really everyone want to live in this bloody city? And to officers always have to be unfriendly? I had to go to the Immigration & Checkpoint Authority tody, in order to get my Student Pass - which now allows me officialy to stay here for the next 4 months. (Normaly you are only allowed to stay for maximum 9 days). So I went there into a 7story building where nearly every store was full with people who were willing to immigrate to Singapore. And I filled in some other forms. (I think in summary I filled in about 20 forms since I applied for the stay here). And of course I had to wait a lot. The appointment I made - which was not really necessary, as you have to pull a number nevertheless - was at 10.00am and I came out at 1.30pm to only get a stupide card. (Ok, at least it's really hightech with fingerprint and all that stuff.)

Yesterday I walked along the Quays and through Colonial District where you can find a lot of art. I think I didn't see really everything of it. (e.g. a Sculpture made by Salvador Dalí). But I was in a really impressing photo exhibition from Asian Geographic (must be the Asian version of National Georaphic), called "Asia without borders". And I saw the very important fat bird at the riverside, made by Fernando Botero.
And I found out that every weekend there is a free concert in front of the Esplanade, Singapore's Concert Hall, with a really nice Marina Bay view. I guess, I will go to one of the concerts next weekend.

So, again there are some pictures of Singapore:
Singapore - Colonial District and the Quays

No comments:

Post a Comment